Sheboygan Walmart evacuated because of electrical fire

TOWN OF SHEBOYGAN — Sheboygan’s north side Walmart was evacuated Saturday night due to a reported electrical fire.

At 7:15 PM, the Town of Sheboygan Fire Department was called to the Walmart store at 4433 Vanguard Drive for a report of a fire in the electrical room but no flames were ever seen. The store was evacuated while firefighters investigated the incident.

The fire was contained to a back storage area and was extinguished by the employees according to an official from the fire department. Firefighters  ventilated the back storage area and ensured there was no fire extension.

Workers returned to the store returned to the store about 20 minutes later according to an employee who answered a phone call.

For more local news, follow MySheboygan.com on Facebook and Twitter.