Chimney fire damages Town of Scott home

TOWN OF SCOTT — Firefighters were called out Sunday night for a chimney fire 10 miles west of Random Lake.

At approximately 6:32 PM on Sunday, January 9th, the Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 call from the homeowner at N571 Maple Tree Road in the Town of Scott, stating they had a fire in their chimney and the fire was going into the walls.

The first arriving sheriff’s deputy confirmed that there was an active fire in the chimney according to Lieutenant James Gottsacker. All residents of the home had evacuated. When firefighters arrived on scene, they reported embers in the attic. The fire was extinguished and confined to the chimney and a small section of attic.

Firefighters deployed X-Tinguish FST, which is a fire suppression device, to successfully to stop the fire said Chief Mark Muench of the Beachwood Fire Department. The department is the first in Sheboygan County to deploy it.

The Beechwood Fire Department was assisted by Batavia, Cascade, Waldo, Silver Creel and Adell fire departments.

For more local news, follow MySheboygan.com on Facebook and Twitter.